Standard System Configuration
SCAN X SCOUT
ScanX Scout incorporates the latest in digital x-ray technology producing high resolution images from 130 microns down to 50 microns using flexible x-ray image plates.
ScanX Scout is primarily used by Military and Police EOD, IEDD and Search Teams, prisons and building security managers for mobile security investigation such as searching unattended bags and suspicious packages. It also has a multitude of other uses such as forensic work, weapons exploitation and the inspection of artefacts, artwork and industrial testing.
ScanX Scout is fully portable operates from its own in built battery and is easily set up and deployed for x-ray capture in less than 2 minutes by one person.
ScanX Scout X-ray Image plates operate with any of the Golden pulsed x-ray generators and our Scanview X-ray Imaging software.
- Portable and easy to set up and use in less than 2 minutes
- Thin Flexible X-ray Image plates in a range of standard sizes from 18 x 24 cm up to 35 x 43 cm cm
- Long x-ray plates in sizes 35 x 90 cm and 35 x 120 cm.
- Image Resolution from 130 – 50 microns and 5 line pairs minimum
- Scan and erase the reusable plates in a single pass
- Battery Powered for mobile field operations
Portable X-ray Generators
Works with most portable x-ray sources including the Golden XR150, golden XR200, golden XRS-3 and also recommended CP x-ray sources.
- EOD/IED Search and Investigation
- Contraband Detection
- Forensic Investigations
- Electronic Countermeasures
- Electronic Components
- Museum Conservation / Art studies
Image processing features
ScanX Scout uses our powerful Scanview X-ray Imaging software to give you a range of image manipulation options to get all the detail out of your x-ray image.
Features include Zoom, inverse Image, b/w, pseudo colour, pseudo 3D, contrast enhancement, clean image, rotation, distance, measure and show gradients.
A range of annotation tools allow you to insert text, notes and highlight suspect areas.
ScanView’s x-ray image database software allows you to store and manage images using searchable fields. Images can be automatically stored in raw format for preserving evidence of chain of custody or exported in windows format for report writing.
Both Raw and Stored images can be immediately exported by email or across a network.
Equipment Service and Support
Our comprehensive equipment support packages provide you with a range of service options to support your equipment in the field and ensure its reliability and performance.
- ScanX Scout drivers and Scanview software is supplied with a high performance laptop running Windows 10 Professional
- Minimum spec: Intel Dual Core Processor, 500 GB Hard Drive, 4 Gb Memory.
- Other brand name variants and ruggedised MilSpec models with foreign keyboard and OS options are available.