We’re looking for an accomplished technical sales manager with a proven track record of achieving sales growth, at least 5 years experience in x-ray sales and a willin...
The use of x-ray equipment is regulated in the UK by IRR17 (Ionising Radiation Regulations 2017). These regulations require radiation employers (anyone using an x-ray machine) to register their equipment with the HSE and appoint one or more suitable Radiation Protection Supervisors (RPS) to ‘assist in ensuring regulatory compliance’.
Scanna provides both one to one and group radiation awareness training to RPS standard via a recognised radiation industry partner to assist you achieve regulatory compliance.
Who should attend?:
- Postal Security X-ray Operators
- Baggage Security X-ray Operators
- Portable X-ray Equipment Operators
Who is this course aimed at?
This is a course for those appointed in the role of Radiation Protection Supervisor, with responsibility for x-ray equipment. No prior knowledge of radiation safety is assumed although those attending should have a working knowledge of the equipment to be supervised.
What is the course about?
This course teaches the basic principles of radiation protection in relation to x-ray equipment. This includes mailroom security x-ray cabinets, conveyorised x-ray machines, portable x-ray generators and industrial x-ray equipment.
What are the benefits of this course?
Those attending this course will:
- Learn about x-rays and the effects of ionising radiation on the body
- Learn more about the requirements of legislation governing occupational exposure to radiation
- Recognise the hazards of working with x-rays and why it is important to keep exposures “as low as reasonably practicable” (ALARP)
- Learn some of the basic principles you can put into practice to achieve ALARP
- Understand what is required of them in their role as RPS.
Next group course dates:
15.03.2018 in Harwell, Oxon
14.06.2018 in Harwell, Oxon
11.10.2018 in Harwell, Oxon
Why choose scanna?
- Trusted company with more than 30 years experience in the screening and detection marketplace
- UK MoD and US DoD Contractor
- Equipment meets all CE, EMC, FDA and FCC standards
- ISO9001 audited, Trace and Cyber Essentials Certified
- Subject matter experts come from law enforcement, and military backgrounds
- Many Security Cleared staff