WE’RE LOOKING FOR A …. Technical Support Specialist
Scanna is a UK company specialising in the manufacture of portable x ray and mail screening systems for the Defence and Security Market. It is seeking a Technical Support Specialist at its Shrivenham location to test, investigate and repair portable x ray equipment as well as deal with technical enquiries from customers. This is both for new items awaiting shipment and for returned items from customers.
Overview-Detail. Working at our Technical Centre, the ideal candidate will have a service/field service, troubleshooting and repair background. Ideally, they will have experience of working/testing/repair with x-ray equipment or a background in electronic systems repair and test.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Repair and servicing of x-ray and electronic systems.
- Troubleshooting, electronic repair-intermediate product knowledge.
- Analyse faults to determine the source of problems and recommends repair, replacement or other corrective action.
- Provides 1st line software troubleshooting know how.
- First Line preparation, review and implementation of service and repair tasks.
- Track and manage the repair of returned items.
- Participate in customer visits and Factory Acceptance Tests.
- Uploading and querying information on a Sage/CRM database and service register.
- Attend reactive maintenance call outs in the local area on an occasional basis.
- Preparation and management of demonstration equipment.
- Carry out equipment surveys of x ray generator
- Other tasks as decreed appropriate by line manager.
- Carry out Field Service tasks on an ad hoc basis.
Electronics or electromechanical qualification
- Basic soldering skills
- Hands on experience of repair of electronic equipment (preferably x-ray)
- Use of multi-metres / test equipment / oscilloscopes and can follow circuit diagrams
- First line hardware/software support
- Ability to work independently
- IT literate (XL, Word, Data collation, Knowledge of Sage /CRM)
- Completion of technical reports
- Current full clean driving licence
Good Communicator (Written and Oral), good team player, works well unsupervised, Understanding of technical data, ability to organise and co-ordinate. Knowledge of X ray systems and electronics a distinct advantage as is a background in service.
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours , 0830-1700 based in Shrivenham, Oxon, although may be required to work on another site 15 minutes’ drive away.
CVs and Info requests to email@example.com