Senior Production Engineer/Assistant Production Manager –
The business is a low volume high value electro-mechanical and associated control systems manufacturer.
Reporting to the Production Manager, you will be leading a small production team that is responsible for, delivering product integration, inspection, and test. Problem Solving/Failure Analysis of product and supporting with 3rd line Service issues. Working with product development and design team integrating Design for Manufacture and manufacturing best practice
Build, test and inspect product as required
You will be the manufacturing and test expert, providing, support advice and training to the team
Support Service/Field Service issues
Maintaining and create build documentation
Take initial designs through from concept to manufacture
Work with design and projects team to manufacture and deliver bespoke products and ensure product is manufactured in accordance with specification and customer requirements.
Maintain and improve:
- product quality,
- process effectiveness,
- employee safety,
- production planning
- equipment maintenance,
- procurement of parts and materials
- Mechanical assembly
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings
- Fault diagnostics & ability to feedback design concerns
- Liaise with design team to problem solve & modify solution
- Document work instructions
- Ability to read a circuit diagram and interpret as required
- Flashing PICs and similar devices
- Set-up of Windows 10 laptops
- Basic soldering skills
- Hands on experience of production/repair of electronic equipment (preferably x-ray)
- Use of multi-meters / test equipment / oscilloscopes
- Component Drawing Approval / amendment
- Identify components and find alternative source replacements
- 3rd line/ back to base hardware/software support
- Remote support of customer equipment
- IT literate (XL, Word, Data collation, Knowledge of Sage /CRM)
- Completion of technical reports and documentation
- Provide technical input into customer documentation and manuals
A strong team ethos with the ability to support across business functions and take the lead where necessary. Be continuous Improvement and process focused, always striving to do things better. Be flexible with the ability to adapt to issues and make changes. Strong leadership skills and the ability to support and facilitate a team effectively.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Competence in manufacturing and service operations
- Experience working in a mechanical, electrical / electronic and IT environment.
- The ability to work autonomously.
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation, with customers and suppliers.
- Good Record keeping
- Schedule work- load & planning
- Ensure outgoing product meets all the required standards and quality criteria
- Knowledge of operational processes such as procurement, manufacture, integration, testing and servicing of
- Experience of radiation protection requirements, as defined in IRR 2017, in a production environment would be beneficial.
The ideal candidate will be HND/degree educated in a relevant Science or Engineering discipline and have a track record of delivering product.
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours , 0830-1700 based in Shrivenham, Oxon, although may be required to work on another site 15 minutes’ drive away.
Salary: Commensurate with role.
Holiday Entitlement: -20 days per year, with an additional day added after each year up to 25 days.
CVs and Info requests to firstname.lastname@example.org