Scanwedge Ultra is a new lightweight rugged manportable x-ray panel with an
8 x 10” (20 x 25 cm) imaging area. Unlike other CCD x-ray imagers, Scanwedge Ultra can easily slide behind objects close to a wall and into narrow gaps less than 1” thick.
Scanwedge Imaging Panels are extremely robust with no moving parts and no fragile glass components. The x-ray detector panel operates via cable or Wi-Fi connection and without the separate bulky control box that many flat panel x-ray systems require. The new high sensitivity camera provides higher resolution images resulting in improved detection of threats
The complete Scanwedge Ultra x-ray system is perfect rapid deployment x-ray tool for any defence and security search professional as it comprises just 3 components (x-ray generator, imaging panel and laptop/tablet) which can be set up in less than 2 minutes. The system is backpackable and performs equally well for suspect package checks in built up urban areas as for C-IED tasks in dangerous conflict zones.
Applications include IED/EOD, search and investigation, unattended baggage checks, and for detecting weapons and hidden contraband material.
- Scanwedge is designed to be easy to set up and operate in under 5 minutes. It combines just 3 core components – X-ray imager, X-ray generator and laptop
- Scanwedge is lightweight, rugged and man-portable. The compact flat panel is designed for easy access in confined areas
- The X-ray generator is controlled from a distance using the system’s Scanview software. Multiple X-rays of varying exposure times can be taken in seconds without the need to re-approach
- Scanwedge is compatible with both Golden pulsed X-ray generators and industrial X-ray sources
- Scanwedge is a real time X-ray system and does not require any expensive consumables or processing equipment