** STRICTLY NO AGENCIES **
Scanna is a UK company specialising in the manufacture of portable x ray and mail screening systems for the Defence and Security Market. It is seeking a Technical Support Manager at its Shrivenham location to co-ordinate and manage the test, investigation and repair of portable x ray and mail screening equipment as well as deal with technical enquiries from customers. This is both for new products and for returned items from customers.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have a service / field service, troubleshooting and repair background as well as managerial and supervisory qualities. Ideally, they will have experience of working with x-ray or electronic systems.
** Knowledge of x-ray systems and electronics and / or a background in service would put the candidate at a distinct advantage. **
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Co-ordinate and manage the repair and servicing of x ray and electronic systems. Determine the source of problems and recommends repair, replacement or other corrective action. Issue of quotes if required.
- Co-ordinate customer maintenance schedules and liaise with the service engineers to perform these tasks.
- Ensure customers are contacted prior to completion of their existing maintenance agreements, offering renewal agreements. Follow up with any who fail to return them.
- Schedule installation of new equipment with service engineers and carry out Risk Assessments if required.
- Assist the Technical Manager in updating and maintaining standards for ISO 9000, HSE and IRR 99.
- Act as lead for SafeContractor activity
- Assist in the development of Product Diagnostic documentation
- Manage the maintenance of Field Service vehicles and inventory
- Supervise and provide line management support to administrative staff involved in Field service, repair and procurement.
- Act as point of contact for MoD Repair / Service activity
- Participate in customer visits and Factory Acceptance Tests
- Uploading information and querying information on a Sage / CRM database
- Ensure that service equipment is calibrated at right timescales
- Other tasks as decreed appropriate by line manager
- Electronics or electromechanical qualification
- Hands on experience of the support of electronic equipment (preferably x-ray)
- First line hardware / software support
- Ability to work independently
- IT literate (XL, Word, Data collation, Knowledge of Sage /CRM)
- Current full clean driving licence
- Good communicator (written and oral)
- Ability to work well both in a team and unsupervised
- An understanding of technical data
- Ability to organise and co-ordinate